Agreement For Sale Of Technical Data
- PETROLEUM AGENCY SA will grant to the Client a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the data upon the terms and conditions of an Agreement between the parties.
- Title, copyright and all other proprietary rights in the Data and any part thereof shall remain with PETROLEUM AGENCY SA and PETROLEUM AGENCY SA may enter into agreements with other clients to grant to them the right to use the data also.
- The Client will have to undertake to treat the data as confidential between itself and PETROLEUM AGENCY SA and that it shall not use the data to provide a service of any kind to a third party whether by way of trade or otherwise unless agreed under a separate contract.
- PETROLEUM AGENCY SA does not accept responsibility for the integrity, accuracy or quality of the data. PETROLEUM AGENCY SA will not be held liable for any decisions or actions of the Client based on the data purchased from PETROLEUM AGENCY SA.
- These obligations of the Client shall survive the lapse or termination of this agreement or the delivery of the Data and the receipt of the purchase price by PETROLEUM AGENCY SA (whichever shall occur last) by fifteen (15) years.
- The Client will indemnify PETROLEUM AGENCY SA against all loss, damage, costs and expenses incurred arising as a result of failure by the Client to comply with the terms of this Agreement.
- The Agreement and acts or omissions there under are to be construed in terms of and governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.