Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility at Petroleum Agency SA is the demonstration of the values of our organization. The goal of Petroleum Agency SA's corporate social responsibility is to improve the quality of life of historically disadvantaged South Africans through skills development and educational programmes with an emphasis on youth.
As an organization, we are deeply committed to conducting business in a socially responsible way.
It is important that we contribute in establishing the foundation of skills required for our industry as well as our country. In order to achieve this Petroleum Agency SA focuses on educational projects that promote Maths, Science and Technology e.g.
- Career/ Science Exhibitions targeting educators and learners.
- Career Presentations at Tertiary level on the Petroleum Industry.
- 3-year Internship programme within the organization that provides an opportunity for training to South African graduates.
- A 3 year contribution to the University of Fort Hare for a Geological Chair
Petroleum Agency SA as a corporate citizen has an interest in the lives of the South African community at large. Other programmes chosen to invest in have been:
- Provision of skills/education on Disaster Management to unemployed youth in disadvantaged communities,
- Crisis Relief & Prevention Programme in a form of hampers distributed amongst family in times of crisis.
Through a partnership with Habitat for Humanity, the Agency donated funds and employees participated in building a house for a family at Emfuleni in the Western Cape.